Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Saturday, February 5, 2022

Ta-Dah! Redux

 "Relax--You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left" --Loretta LaRoche

Hank Ketcham's Dennis the Menace Wise Guy

Mr. Wilson has some good advice above.  With the Pandemic dragging on we may not be in the fast lane so much, but we certainly are all having to deal with the stress of negotiating life with all the changes COVID is forcing us to make.  Slowing down our run-away thoughts and gaining a new perspective is what we need now.

So I wanted to share Loretta LaRoche's book, Relax--You May Only Have a Few Minutes Left" again because I feel she has good advice for the times we are in.  In 2012  I did a post each week of the suggestions she made for relaxing and enjoying life more--ten in all.  I've collected them all in this one posting to make them easier to find.  You may want to just read one a day or all at once, if you're feeling desperate!  Just click on each suggestion to be taken to the original post.


#1 - Trade Frowns For Smiles































I would love to hear how you've been coping.

2 comments:

  1. First off I have to tell you, Cathy - what a handsome family! I don't think I remember you often posting photos of your boys when they were little - and they are SO CUTE! And you weren't too shabby yourself, BTW. Not that any of that matters, but I just had to mention it. Now - how am I coping? Well, like everyone else, I'd be delighted if COVID were to disappear tomorrow. But I think I'm lucky - I'm a genuine homebody and have no doubt that the pandemic's been easier for me than many others. I like being at home. When I was working, I would always try to get my errands etc done by Fri night or early Sat morning, just so I could KNOW that I'd be able to spend the rest of the weekend AT HOME. Especially in the Winter. If I could wake up on Sat morning & know I was inside "for the duration" - I'd be happy as a clam. I've found all sorts of things to do while forcibly stuck at home too - but must admit these are things I know I would be doing even if COVID never happened. Listening to different podcasts. Adult coloring. And YouTube!! YouTube, to me, is like an online encyclopedia. You can find YT videos on virtually every topic on the planet. Just recently I became hooked on travel videos - my current favorite is a guy who visits luxury hotels all over the globe & showcases them - the video work is terrific & it's fun seeing how the 1% lives too. FYI - there are lots of videos on less expensive travel too. For a few days I watched a guy who cleans rugs in Poland - he videos his work from start to finish. A very dirty rug is transformed in 20-30 minutes - colors that haven't been seen in years are revealed - and it's oddly satisfying, even relaxing, to watch things being cleaned. And those are just TWO of the topics I've discovered on YT. Can't recommend it highly enough - no matter where your interests lie, you can find it on YT. So thank God COVID didn't happen before the Internet. We'd all have found ways to cope - but it really has made it much easier than it would've been. So that's basically what I've been doing. But even I'm getting a little antsy - it would be great if it was over all with - and as soon as possible. But with the goofy anti-vaxxers it's definitely going to take longer than is necessary. And don't get me started on any of that!! Take care, be well & hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet. I either wrote a reply back when I posted your comment and it didn't post, or I was so absorbed in my cleaning frenzy that I totally forgot to comment back! That is how I've been coping----deep cleaning my house. First started with painting my Snuggery (my spare bedroom where I'm writing from). That took three days. Then I started in on all the other bedrooms (cleaning fan blades, light fixtures, touch-up painting, and everything else in the rooms. Then I moved on to the basement and got two rooms totally spotless. And then it warmed up outside enough that I've been working myself to the bone out there! So I'm just now noticing I didn't comment here! I'm glad to hear that you are keeping yourself occupied with something you enjoy. Hang in there for warmer weather up your way so you can get out and enjoy the coming flowers and greening-up of everything!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.