Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Wednesday, March 23, 2022

View from My Window

🎶Rainy Spring Day🎶

In 2015 Morning Musings featured a monthly post called View From My Window.  It was my idea of a Discussion Group where I'd ask a question and my readers would leave a comment.  By November I realized we should introduce ourselves, so I did a Getting to Know You post.  In 2016 I changed the title to More or Less because I'd shown you every view from my windows by then.  By 2017 I was writing less and less.  Last year I only wrote five posts as compared to 48 in 2016.

Since the beginning of the year I've been rereading my Morning Musings posts and all the comments and realize how much I've missed all of you!  So I hope to gather us all together again.  I'll start with this view....

View from my kitchen window

Looking out my kitchen window, seeing the cheerful daffodils, helps cheer me while waiting for Spring.  The calendar says it's Spring and we've had temperatures in the 70s, but Winter is not done with us. Freezing temperatures are predicted for the weekend which means I can't clear the leaf clutter yet from my emerging perennials or head to the plant nurseries.  Nature knows it's not time yet---only a few bushes in our woods have turned green...


I have daffodils throughout our property.  The wiley (←this, apparently, is not a word because spell check has underlined it) squirrels have helped spread them for me.....


Between the pandemic, the Capitol insurrection last year just down the road from me, the resurgence of COVID, and now the war in Ukraine, not to mention the many, many natural disasters constantly in the news, I've been wondering how you all are.  The political discord has distanced some in our extended family, the virus has kept our immediate family from all getting together unless it can be outside, and what joy I am able to muster up is tempered by the devastation taking place in Ukraine.  This sort of thing has been ongoing in other places in the world, but not with the threat of WWIII being bandied about.

In 2020 I wrote about putting puzzles together to help me deal with the Shutdown.  In 2021 I wrote about changing my perspective in Perfect Moments.  Earlier this year I reposted earlier posts about things we can do to elevate our mood in Ta-Dah! Redux.  

But what I've been doing since late January is keeping myself physically active!  I've painted my writing room, the bathroom, and the deck.  I've thoroughly cleaned all the rooms top to bottom, including curtains (except my laundry room in the basement, which I'm saving for summer when it's too hot to be outside), touch-up painted walls and stained chipped doors.  Outside I've raked leaves and picked up branches.  One morning when I couldn't deal with the news of the killing of children and bombing of hospitals I went out and pulled up more of the invasive bushes in our woods and threw them on the brush pile that's going to be chipped next week when the tree guys come to do their thing!  All this physical activity has paid off with a clean house, tidy yard, plus I'm eight pounds lighter to boot!

 So my question to you is:  How have you personally been affected and how are you coping?  How are you keeping your spirits up?

I hope you will leave a comment then come back and read the other comments so that we can get to know each other again.  I really do want to know how you are doing.


.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•

Take Joy!


5 comments:

  1. I love this post! We are blessed and grateful! Vaccinations, boosters, and testing has enabled us to have family in the house again. There seems to always be one holdout, though, and for that we’ve been utilizing the garage with open doors to assist with ventilation. It has been an ideal time to work on projects, though we’re of an age, we’ve discovered, that we now first must run our ideas by family members as it’s likely we’ll now be unable to complete them on our own. I find that taking a nap is healing. Reading is helpful. Keeping in touch with friends is encouraging. Reading your post has been one of today’s pleasures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Morning Musings, Nellie. I will have to check out your blog! Our family are all vaccinated and boosted, but we have two grandchildren not old enough to get a vaccine. Our youngest son is immunosuppressed due to his heart transplant and therefore has to be cautious, especially around his nieces and nephews who are in school. We all wear masks when we go out, but not when we go see one of our sons. So, we visit individual families, but must wait at least 5 days to visit the youngest son to make sure we haven't picked up the virus from one of the grandchildren. We are hoping to all get together here for Easter and eat out under the arbor, wearing coats if we have to! I'm glad you have stayed well and have found ways to cope.

      Delete
  2. Dear Cathy, Your words were so encouraging on my last blog post - September 30,2019! I always intended to write again, but life.

    These last few years with all the complications that you mentioned were compounded as our lives have been emptied of family and friends and the landscape seemed stark with health and financial issues as well.

    Our family has come forward and urged us to move on from overwhelm and downsize our lives, moving on to a simpler future away from this country setting. While I will not miss the overwhelm of the work this property needs me to accomplish, I will miss the birds, gardens and countryside.

    I am currently taking a very short blogging challenge. I'm not sure where this will lead, but I am making a list of things that I hope to share.

    I'm glad you are writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Elaine, I am sad to hear that you will not have your gardens and birds and countryside when you move. I hope there will be other things to replace these and that you will be able to at least visit the countryside often. I will be very glad to come and take you for a ride! I have so many questions! Will you relocate nearer family? Will you at least have a small patch of earth to tend? Or be able to attract birds to a feeder?

    I am glad that you will be doing more writing. I look forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. DearCathy, So sorry to read about dear Gabriel when did you loose him? It was always so lovely to see him on my visits to you. I have been so busy I haven't had much time for blogging over the past few years. Recently set up on Instagram and have refound so many friends there too. So sorry for your loss, thinking of you. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.