The view outside my living room side window this afternoon shows just how sunshiny it is today. What it doesn't tell you is it's also 73° in November!. . . .
Only about half the trees have changed colors. They must be as confused as I am about the weather. I got out all my winter clothes last week and now I'm HOT in my long-sleeved top.
Last month I had a new commenter on this web journal which got me thinking how remiss I've been by not introducing you all to me (myself?) and to each other. So that is what I'm going to do today with a list of questions which I hope you will answer even if you are not a regular commenter. In fact, if you answer the questions you don't have to feel guilty any longer (if you were feeling guilty) about just looking. This will be all I need to know that my web journal is worthwhile beyond what it does for me as a creative outlet and a means to connect with like-minded people. At least I'm assuming we are like-minded in some ways, or else you wouldn't keep coming back, right?
Anyway, here are my questions (and my answers). All you need do is # your answers according to the question you are answering. You do not need to go into detail, as I have with some answers, and feel free to tell us anything else you care to reveal. . . .
- What is your name: Cathy
- What State/Country do you live in: Maryland, USA
- What is your marital status: Married, 46 years
- If you have children, please tell us something about them: We have 3 adult sons, two are married. One has a daughter (Olivia) They all live in Maryland.
- Do you work outside the home. If so, what do you do?: I was a stay-at-home Mom, full-time homemaker, who never went back to work as a secretary even after my children flew the coop. Since my husband has retired, I consider myself retired, too, since he has taken over many of the duties I used to do (freeing me to web journal all I want)
- What are your hobbies: Web Journaling, gardening, writing children's stories, learning to draw, preparing and hosting the Tasha Tudor/Take Joy Society get-togethers, babysitting Olivia, photography, scrapbooking, homemaking. One of my old hobbies was music (singing, piano, guitar, and most recently dulcimer) but that spark seems to have gone out....but I've at least passed it on to my second and third sons.
- Do you have a dream you're still hoping to fulfill: Yes! I'd love to illustrate my children's stories so I can self-publish them
If you were in my living room I'd ask you about your family of origin, all the places you've lived, and what your plans are for the future. You will notice I did not ask your age, although the number of years I've been married should give you a clue....but you might think me older than I actually am, so I will set you straight and tell you I only just started receiving Medicare this month! Feel free to tell us how old you are, if you want, but Grandma Moses, who lived to be 101, says her advice for living a long life is "Don't act your age"....so by forgetting how old you are you're more likely to not act it!
This is the view out the front window. As you can see I've brought my tender plants inside, but this Jasmine seems to want to be back outside. . . .