Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Perfect Moments

IDEALISM:  The practice of forming or pursuing ideals, especially unrealistically

This pretty much describes me.  The Pandemic is helping me give up my idealist ways because it has limited my pursuit of the ideal life in many ways.  It has also forced me to re-evaluate many of my ideals.   Just this morning, through reading inspiring messages by others further along the way than me and then writing about it in my Morning Pages I've decided to change my whole view of life!  Instead of seeing my life as a whole-----and judging whether it was a success or not------I'm going to start looking for, and creating whenever I can, my own "Perfect Moments"  such as this one.....

The view from the swing in my woods on a winter's day

Looking back over my life I have had many perfect moments.  Many of them I captured in photographs which I put into scrapbooks.  When I started blogging in 2012 I found another way to capture perfect moments in my life.  Recently I've been looking back at all my blogs so I thought I would share here some of those Perfect Moments:

To begin, every post on my blog I Come in the Little Things was a Perfect Moment.  I hope you will spend some time enjoying those moments.  Here is an example......

                      


Sounds of Silence

“Trees are deeply connected to the earth and the sky, and their quiet,
stationary existence can teach us much about being still 
and learning to go deeper within ourselves and listen to our hearts.”  
-Kathleen Prasad




"Be still and know that I am God...." 

-Psalm 46:10




For my other blogs, click on the title to be taken to the post.....

From this blog, Morning Musings:  "An Early Morning Walk"

























I hope you will revisit your own blogs, if you have one, or your photo albums to help stir your memories of the perfect moments in your life.  It will certainly remind you that life is just a series of moments.  When viewed that way the moments that feel difficult will pass more quickly as you make plans for the perfect moments, the moments that are just waiting to be discovered.




12 comments:

  1. Life is full of perfect and imperfect moments. Learning to accept the good with the bad is certainly part of all of our lives. For me, the little things in life inspire me. This past year has been so difficult. We wanted to travel more and have been unable to do so. We had two big adventures planned that were cancelled. We are the youngest we will ever be and hoped to travel while still able. Today is the only day we have and I choose to find joy in each one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you, Martha Ellen. Everyone has lost something this year that can never be retrieved, so that's why it's important that we make the most of all our moments. We can learn from the difficult ones and enjoy the perfect ones to their fullest potential. I hope you and your family have stayed well and will continue to. ❤️

      Delete
  2. You've had so many perfect moments, Cathy! In the past year, I've made myself slow down and appreciate perfect moments. It helps to acknowledge them out loud to someone else. A few times when Doug and I have been kayaking at sunset when the light is quite magical have been perfect moments for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how perfect those sunsets are, Edie. I have some wonderful photos of the sunset from the trip we took to your other river house. I'm glad to hear you are finding perfect moments more and more. This is my year to become more "mindful" because otherwise the days seem to blend into one another and lost all together. ❤️

      Delete
  3. Wonderful perspective, and much needed in these current times. Nice to hear from you!

    Sharon in Alabama

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear from you, as well. I hope you and your family have stayed well. ❤️

      Delete
  4. With a view from your swing like that.. that is just boundless bliss for sure.
    I like this perspective too. You always bring things to life.. and write about them so beautifully and then add a totally incredible photo to go with it.. the snow, the flowers. Gabriel the First in the snow.. or is that my boy?
    It seems so beautiful to bring moment by moment awareness into our lives rather that look at the big picture all the time and see all the things wrong in it.
    That creates a lack mentality and if we are knowing God fills all space, there is never any lack at all. nothing is missing as we know God has every detail of our seconds and even nano-seconds planned in our individual facets that he is giving each one of us. So if we cannot go somewhere our ego has said we should, maybe we are being protected in His scheme of it,. That is the way jesus always turned to His Father in all of his ministry. He never got ahead of it. but stopped, and listened for the moment by moment message from His Father.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Merri, for elaborating so well on what I hoped everyone would hear in my brief message! When we look at the big picture when things seem to be going wrong, we will totally miss the small perfect moments that God provides to keep us buoyant in Him. And you are so right about Jesus turning to His Father moment by moment. That is Gabriel Too in the snow last February when he was still a little puppy. ❤️

      Delete
  5. Idealism is a burden which I know I must release. I think the pandemic sent me, along with my muse into retreat, and through this I have come to understand more about the burden of idealism than any other way. There are more important things in life than being perfect. Last year was supposed to be my big year of finding myself again after decades of doing for others. How little did I know how that finding myself would be very different from the year I had planned.

    Lovely to see you here this morning, and I hope all is well, as well as it can be in these strange and alien times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah. ❤️ My muse went into retreat, too. Actually these last 4 years with our political situation has taken its toll on me as an empath. Meanwhile, we must make the best of what we can't do anything about and keep moving onward and upward!

      Delete
  6. Dear Cathy there is such wisdom in this post. In this life perfection may seem hard to find but when we take time to be still and rest in His presence...we see life through His eyes and we find those lovely moments like you beautiful photo from your swing. Thank yo for your sweet comforting words in the passing of my Mom. God bless you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I am learning, Debbie, is that every moment in Christ is perfect because there is always something in the experience that perfects us in receiving and sharing His love. Taking the time to notice the lovely moments is helping me see the perfectness of His will in all moments. Thank you for sharing your life journey with us! ❤️

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.