Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Sunday, June 27, 2021

Email Notification Ending




In September 2019 I wrote a post called Now What? concerning whether to continue blogging or not.  I had a wonderful response that encouraged me to keep at it.  But those who follow this blog know that I made an attempt, then petered out.  

Now, Blogger is making it difficult for all their bloggers to connect with their readers by dropping their email notification service at the end of this month.   It has made me examine again where I stand on blogging.  The desire to blog or to even read other people's blogs has greatly diminished!  Is this just a phase I'm going through?  Do I no longer have anything to say worth sharing?


Since I don't have the answers to those questions yet, I've decided to go on the assumption that at some future date I will become inspired to write once again and because of that I want to make sure I have a way to contact you since Blogger will no longer do it.


 If you are already a Follower (see sidebar) and have a Blogger Blog, you will continue to receive notification on your Reading List when and if I do another post. If you do not have a blog and, if you are still interested in receiving notifications and have been receiving notificatyions, I would appreciate it if you would leave a comment below with your first name and the first three characters of your email address so that I can pull your address from the Subscriber List and send you an email notification myself. 

In the meantime, I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to read my posts over the years and especially those who have left a comment.  I will think of you all fondly forever.


4 comments:

  1. Cathy, you know I understand the blogging dilemma. I continue to think about writing again, but, I haven't, yet.

    I loved reading your blog through the years and thank you for sharing your creativity and travel adventures. I think of you from time to time when I see something that might interest you.

    I do want to stay informed. Elaine @ weg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to hear from you, Elaine. This is what I miss most by not blogging lately-----the conversation with people like you! I've added you to my notification list. ❤️

      Delete
  2. I'm in the same boat. I've been blogging since 2007, but write less and less. I finally started a Youtube channel (!!!) last fall, and I find that quite creative. But it doesn't have the same quality as writing, somehow. I have made a small group of true, wonderful blogging friends. I hate to lose them if I stop blogging, so I try to whimper on :)
    I hope you keep going too. We will find our mojo again. I think perhaps as I get older I lose the need to say everything I think, and I become more cautious about saying too much. I doubt myself. Maybe that's why I've slowed down on blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already lost most of my blog reader friends and am sorry about that. I'm feeling the same way about not feeling the need to say everything I think! It doesn't help that because of the pandemic I've had very little to share about and no traveling to extol about. I did a quick run through of several of your blogs. I love your illustrations! I will have to take a closer look when I get back to reading blogs. Lately between numerous grandchildren and taking care of our property I spend very little time on the computer anymore and when I do, it's to read MY old blog posts and reminisce about more creative times. You are still very much in a creative mode with all your projects! I don't seem to be able to sustain mine for very long before I'm off looking for something else to get interested in.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.