Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Monday, December 28, 2015

Out and About - December 2015


I didn't get my White Christmas but because December was unseasonably warm it was nice for our two evening outings.  The first outing was the Frederick Holiday House Tour.  It is held the First Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon in December.  I especially like going to the evening tour because of all the holiday lights. . . .

The next day our youngest son came home to help us get our tree.  The foggy morning helped create an atmosphere of snowiness for me at least.  While the tree was being baled this little character obliged me with a pose.   He doesn't look very jolly does he, but I love his red hat. . . .

We had a play date with Olivia at her house.  She loved putting the Advent calendar pieces into the pocket--then loved taking them out!  She loved the tree, too, and ended up pulling it over, we were told, just before Christmas. . . .

Here she and Gabriel are waiting for her mommy to come back from the mailbox. . . .

The Take Joy Society had their Susan Branch Christmas Luncheon which you can read about HERE.  These are the Christmas stars we made. . . .

We enjoyed an evening outing at the Old Bedford Village Candlelit Christmas in Pennsylvania with friends.  You can see more about that HERE. . . .

The Dulcimer Group I used to play with earlier in the year provided the music one evening for the Eyler's Valley Chapel service--a 19th century chapel lit only by candles. . . .

My Country Diary of an Edwardian Lady monthly feature came to an end with Edith Holden's Holly & Ivy watercolors that I rendered. . . . .

One of our presents to Olivia was Sam McBratney's "Guess How Much I Love You" books along with the stuffed toys, growth chart, and photo album that I filled with pictures of Olivia. . . .


Gabriel and Poetry spent time at the bird feeder.  Poetry was waiting for the birds and Gabriel for the squirrel. . . .

We moved the feeder up higher and attached plexiglass to the railing that the squirrel used to jump up into the feeder, but as you see it did not work.  The squirrel just jumped over it to the outer railing. . .

              

Finally Christmas arrived. . . .

We had a wonderful time with all our boys and their families.  Our second son's mother-in-law joined us as well from Mexico.  Olivia looks like she's taking notes...or as it was suggested, making her Santa list for next year. . . .

Like Thanksgiving she did not make it through Christmas Day dinner either. . . .

Here's a little video of the next morning.  Her vocabulary has expanded significantly for a 20 ½-month-old. . . .

              

Thank you for indulging me with my monthly Out & Abouts.  I know that not everything I post here is of interest to my readers.  But I love having a record of my life that I can look back on.  If you do find it interesting or entertaining, then it's a double blessing to me because I love sharing!


.•*¨`*•. ☆ .•*¨`*•
Take Joy!

12 comments:

  1. Your photos and video or Olivia are so sweet. I love her curls. How practical to dump out the cheerios and go for a bigger bite than what a finger can provide! I am watching the star tutorial. I think I've made that Moravian one before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wasn't sure why she did that....perhaps because Gabriel doesn't use his hands to eat? ☺︎

      Delete
    2. I certainly find all of this interesting! Olivia is growing up fast. She does have a good vocabulary & I had to laugh when she poured the dry cereal out of the bowl & then proceeded to pick up one bit, eat it & then decided it was easier to lower her head & gobble it up instead! I adored the picture of her making her next year list to Santa. She is a little doll & truly a blessing to many. Wishes for a happy & healthy 2016 to you, Ken & the whole family. Love, Hugs, & Kisses, Sandy

      Delete
    3. Sandy, you're family--you "have to" find my posts interesting! ☺︎ ha, ha. I wish you and all in your family a happy & HEALTHY 2016, too. x❤️x❤️x❤️

      Delete
  2. Well, I like ALL your posts, Cathy, regardless of topic. I ALWAYS learn something, and many times it's a topic to which I had absolutely zero prior exposure. I'm always glad I took the time to read the post, visit links you've included etc. In fact I've been known to drift off on the Web for hours afterward. So keep it up - whether you realize it or not, you are broadening horizons - and that's a pretty terrific thing, OK now. First, great Christmas photos! Olivia and her curls are too cute for color TV! I love the one where she's seated on the ice cream parlor chair in front of the tree. I've told you this before, but you can just SEE in her eyes how intelligent this little pudder is. I predict Olivia will be reading before she goes to kindergarten, maybe even before she turns 4. And the Cheerios video? If Olivia is talking, I'm voting for more Olivia videos please. And finally, a very happy and healthy New Year for the whole Schulz family, with lots of new and wonderful experiences - including those 2 new grandbabies - ahead! PS - I think I love your son's house. Christmas wreaths carved right onto the front door. That must mean there are a lot of other wonderful features there as well. ⭐️⭐️⭐️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased to hear I broaden horizons! There's so much out there and not enough time. I hope I'm parceling out relevant stuff. I'm trying to do more video now. I've decided I need to invent a grandma camera: light weight so I can hang it from my neck, but can clip it to my dress so it doesn't swing out and hit her when I bend over. I miss so many filmable moments because I don't have my camera handy. That was the first time I heard her string 3 words together: "Here you go."

      Delete
  3. I always enjoy hearing about your family, Cathy. Olivia is a darling child that is certainly growing up. The fog photo of the Christmas tree outing is quite lovely. I'm just getting time to check out my friend's blogs. The last of our family will be leaving on the train tomorrow morning. It's been a whirlwind time around our home. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad your family could stay the extra days after Christmas. I'm busy doing year-end projects and hope to put Christmas decor away on the 31st so I'll be all ready for the new year!

      Delete
  4. Hi Cathy, looks like you had a wonderful Christmas holiday. I loved seeing all the pictures of the places you visited. And, little Olivia is so adorable; she's beautiful! I wish you a very Happy New Year, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas, too, and a very happy New Year.

      Delete
  5. Hi Cathy, You have had a wonderful time in December! It must have been such fun having Olivia with you over the Christmas period. Daisy would have loved seeing the squirrels, Tavi reacted to Gabriel crying but nothing else! Wishing you and your family a joyful 2016. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah, We moved the feeder but Gabriel is still at that window waiting for the squirrel.....and wouldn't you know it--the squirrel came back, too, and was hanging from the storm window. Gabriel didn't get upset. He only got upset when the squirrel climbed inside the feeder. The birds haven't found where we put the feeder (outside my window in my computer room), but the squirrel hasn't either. Gabriel noticed it, though.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.