Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Dream and Imagine


Resolution: figure out how to use all the features available on Blogger.......✔

I'm so proud of myself!  I finally figured out how to set up tabs at the top of my Blog!  Please note that once you finish reading this post you can click on "Our House" or "My Summer Garden" to see photos of same....



I don't know about you, but I love seeing other people's homes and gardens.  I need to be able to picture where people are when I think about them, and if you've ever left a comment on my Blog or if I've visited your Blog, that means YOU.  

I also wish every Blog I visit would give me more details about the blogger's life.  Once I know a little bit about you from your Blog, I want to know everything!  Fair is fair, so I'll be adding an "About Me" tab.  If there is anything in particular you'd like to know, ask it in the comments section.  I'm thinking of making it a 20-Questions format.

Speaking of other Blogs, Kristie at North of 49 and Sarah at Down by the Sea both have done New Year's posts about picking a word to live by this year.  Kristie's is a Danish word--Hygge.  It does not have a direct translation but can be summed up as "the art of creating intimacy: a sense of comradeship, conviviality, and contentment rolled into one." Interestingly, I had read the same article as she had.  I thought I'd better sit up and pay attention!  Sarah said last year she chose "Treasure" and "Lighten."  This year her word is "Doing."  She quotes Charles Dickens from David Copperfield:  "The most important thing in life is to stop saying "I wish" and start saying "I will".  Treat nothing as impossible, then treat possibilities as probabilities."  I like all four words.....but I realized I'm still working on the words that have been on my wall for well over a year now....


As you can see I'm still in the "thinking" stage.  I'm not anywhere near "doing"....except, I did make some resolutions and so far have gotten a great start on keeping two of them.  

Maybe the "doing" part....whether it's creating intimacy or carrying out the tenets of special words to you....maybe, just maybe, it happens when you finally find something you feel passionate about.  

What are you passionate about?  

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Cathy! Dontcha just love it when you finally figure out something you've been working on for a while?? That light bulb suddenly going on is such a great feeling! Hope that's the most difficult problem you have all year! PS - again, your photos are really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. Yes, when I get in my mind I want to do something, I don't take well to things (like lack of knowledge or ability) getting in my way!

      Delete
  2. Cathy, your garden is STUNNING! Oh I love all the colors! Our yard is very shady so I'm limited when it comes to flowers. I also love your potted geraniums. They feel so French to me. Glad you figured out the tabs as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shelly. There is much you can do with texture in a shady garden and even a few flowers that will do well....Build little stone walls, use gravel...lots to give it interest, especially if you can add a little fountain.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.