Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Solitude

Solitude

Solitude:   the state or situation of being alone she savored her few hours of freedom and solitude.• a lonely or uninhabited place.


When I walk through my garden in winter I feel a solitude I do not feel when it is green and bursting with flowers...
It is quiet, except for the crunch I make on the frozen ground.  

The little boy with the bird resting on his hand stands alone now--no flowers gathered around him...

I take a walk to the edge of the woods where Calico and my first Poetry, my first two cats, have been laid to rest...  

Then I look up to see the tracks...one lone trail, and I wonder what made it...a deer perhaps...

To me, a path into the woods feels lonely...

I think because you can't see where it's leading.  The shadows only add to the mystery...

Solitude has many faces.  For some it means loneliness.  Others cherish it because they have so little of it.  For me it's a place within where I can go to find solace in a confusing world.  Where I don't need to be on guard or need to understand things that don't make sense to me.  It's a place where love and fear collide and only love survives.

I turn and walk back to the house.  The tall, slender trees line up to cast their shadows on the snow.  The day is coming to an end...

And I wonder where the path called tomorrow may lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.