Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I Resolve To....



Do you make New Year's resolutions?  I think I quit making them somewhere in my 30's--which is a long time ago.  But sometimes one has to resolve to do something in order to make it happen, and by making it public, I'm making it a little harder for me to renege on it.  So here goes.....

I, Cathy, resolve to:

  • figure out how to use all the features available on Blogger that I see other bloggers using
  • be more creative with my blog
  • blog more often
  • lose the extra pounds I put on over the holidays (this one has nothing to do with my blog, but, hey, I'm on a roll!  (Yikes! I'm already thinking of food...I LOVE rolls with butter!)
That should be enough to get me started.

So, would anyone like to make some resolutions that I can hold them to?

6 comments:

  1. I probably quit making New Year's resolutions about the same time, Cathy. I guess that's when I decided every day is a fresh start of its own - and the opportunity to do something better, or just do something for the first time - is always there. I have lots of interests too, and usually want to do TOO much at one time. But now that I'm retired, I really do resolve to read all my as-of-now-unread books, including President Clinton's biography and a book about the big New England hurricane of 1938. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janet, I will check back with you in a couple months to see what you've read. :-) Are you on GoodReads? You could give us a mini book report there about the books you're reading this year.

      Delete
    2. I think I am on GoodReads, Cathy. I think I signed up when Susan B mentioned it on her blog last Summer. I'll have to go and check later. Usually get my book recommendations from C-SPAN's BOOK TV but can always use more - especially in other genres! Bundle up and stay cozy...

      Delete
    3. Janet, you stay cozy, too. I think you're getting much more snow than we're getting down here.

      Delete
  2. I too decided long ago not to make resolutions--too depressing as I seem to want to lose weight every year and that doesn't seem to happen. Instead I try to focus on exercising more--my husband and I do walk every day for 2 miles. Hey, it works for us. In the winter we sometimes walk the mall if it's too cold. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My husband and I go to the fitness center five days a week. It has not helped me to lose weight, but it does keep me from gaining more, though....unless it's the holidays with cookies and desserts galore.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.