Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Out and About - October

One reason I keep a Blog is to have an account of what I've been up to.  With that in mind I've decided to have an "Out and About" post every month where I'll collect the photos that don't  make it into another post.  

Even five days before the Hunter's Moon was full it was quite large....

The next week we met some good friends for lunch at Christine's Cafe in Waynesboro, PA....
I was hoping to come home with photos of beautiful autumn foliage, but few had turned colors yet.  Instead I found an interesting window display....
Here is the still life on the table behind the easel the artist is painting....
After we left our friends we drove through back country roads to Lehman's Mill (on the left) which now houses a country decor shop.....
I thought this window in the shop charming....I love roosters and sunflowers....
Later in the week we drove to Virginia where we'd seen statuary for sale last year when we were on our Autumn search for colorful foliage.  Now that our woods have been cleared we wanted to find unusual benches and statues to put along the paths.  We've recently learned we are to become grandparents next year so when we saw this, we knew we had to buy it.  It's just the right height for a young child....
On the way home we stopped in West Virginia where it dips down between Virginia and Maryland at the cozy John's "My Pappy's Place" Village Restaurant where comfort food--both for the body and soul--can be found.....
Because my shopping craving had not yet been satisfied we made one more stop at a flea market where we found a couple bargains.  This wrought iron chair for our woods which we placed near the little gnome bench....
....and this original oil painting that we placed over our bed....
....and the perfect Welcome sign for my Dream Cabin....

4 comments:

  1. Hello Cathy and congratulations on your impending Grandparenthood! A Spring baby, right? What a wonderful time for a new baby. That's just great. In the 70s there was a very popular book out about gnomes - a friend gave me a copy for Christmas I think. Your little bench was a nice reminder of that for me. I would have taken a photo of the "rooster" window too. My mom collected roosters and chickens from the time she was married - my sisters & I have most of her things now and needless to say, seeing a chicken or rooster ANYTIME reminds me of Mom. Is it just me - or has the Fall color be slow this year? And not quite as dazzling? I can'tremember what I heard once about Fall foliage. It's either brighter when there's lots of rain - or very droughty. Oh well. Take care and Happy Halloween! ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Janet. Yes! End of March....a daughter for the oldest of our 3 sons. I'm on a mission now to find little gnomes to hide in the crooks and crevices of the trees for her to find. I have at least 3 years before she's old enough to toddle in the woods, but one can never start too soon. Right? I'm glad you liked this post. Thanks for letting me know. The foliage is finally coloring up around here. We're taking another day trip Friday up into PA to capture it on film. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The moon is beautiful. I love how you find such beautiful details and share them. I like your blog. I'm glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Wild Eden. I feel the same about your Blog! I will have to spend some time delving into it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.