Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Changing Seasons - Autumn


It's beginning to look a lot like Autumn here....at least on the inside.  To celebrate the return of Autumn I'm posting a few photos of this year's Autumn decor along with links to last year's posts about Autumn.  It is too soon here in our part of the country for leaves to be changing but there's a nip in the air promising Autumn leaves will soon start to appear.  In the meantime, I've taken down the summer decor and have once again put up my red curtains along with Harry Richardson's Autumn print of his grandmother's house....

I have put out the yard-sale-find painting I love so much....
....and changed the candles on the coffee table to complement the Autumn cover of Yankee Magazine....
The sofa table now holds Autumn flowers....
The fireplace mantel once again is graced with autumn leaves....the wood brought in and placed on the hearth....
And I mustn't forget the dining room fireplace....
Of course, the tablescape changes with the season, too....
....and Susan Branch's Autumn cookbook replaces her Summer one on the sideboard.  The seashells collected from last year's visit to Martha's Vineyard will remain nearby in the background....
Outside on the porch I've changed the tablescape, too....
And brought out the 50-cent yard-sale-find pumpkin poked full of holes for lollipops to which I've added a string of lights to the inside instead....
Poetry and Gabriel helped me with decorating....
Poetry's quite enjoying the cattail....
Gabriel checks out the finished product....
Poetry sits on her favorite perch to admire our handiwork....
And I mustn't forget my Doll's house.  Each season the view out their door and windows as well as the barnyard changes....





So until I have photos of this year's foliage you might enjoy seeing these again from last year (click on the titles to go to the posts)....

Autumn

Garrett County Weekend


A Day Away

A Day Away - Part 2

4 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your photos. I am glad that I do not have to do all that decorating at the change of a season though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually enjoy decorating....undecorating not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Cathy! Your home is just beautiful. Perfectly set for Fall. I especially love your dining room - with a fireplace you lucky thing - and that pretty runner with candles on the table. I have dining room chairs just like yours. And I totally agree with you. For me, seasonal decorating is like cooking and eating a great meal. The preparation and set-up are great, the cleanup not so much. Wouldn't it be great to have someone else come in and "take down" Fall... so we could "put up" Christmas? Enjoy the rest of the week and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.