Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Monday, May 14, 2012

An Early Morning Walk



An early morning walk in my garden after the rain.....



I've been creating these gardens for the past 22 years--ever since the last of my children began exerting his independence, otherwise known as, learning to walk.


I believe there is something in each of us, man or woman, that wants to nurture and be nurtured.  


We may not all be able to have a child to raise, and even if we do, that does not last forever.


A garden, on the other hand, can be just a few square feet of earth.  In fact, it can be as small as a pot of dirt.






I've placed an angel in three corners of my garden for each of my children.


There are other ways I pay homage to my children, too....





Gardens are like children in many ways.  If you don't spend time tending them, gardens become weedy.  And if there has been no rain, you must water it.  Every now and then they must be fed, especially if the soil isn't of the right mix of nutrients and materials to begin with.  The inevitable pests must be rooted out, as well.  But most of all, gardens are meant to be enjoyed!   



It is there, in the enjoyment of our gardens....and of our children, that we will be nurtured....taking time to sit in our gardens to reflect on all they have to offer, what they mean to us, the beauty that is found there, realizing we are co-creators with God for they are His gardens that we plant and tend.  



We have them for just a time.  We watch them grow, and hopefully, flourish.  All that matters is that we loved them--our gardens and our children.   



8 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love your pictures of your garden, your comments, and the music you chose. It was very introspective and relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love sharing my garden and am glad you enjoyed my post. Thank you for telling me!

      Delete
  2. Cathy,

    Your garden is beautiful! Thank you for sending me the link. I love the three angels and the three bunnies. You have provided me with lots of great gardening ideas. Thank you so much!

    Love,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your welcomed! I love sharing my garden. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pickett fence and your garden is a sight for winter eyes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look back at my garden photos from time to time just to see how good it can look given the right conditions (Spring and early Summer after a rain). We have to replace the picket fence this year and are thinking of going with vinyl so that we don't have to keep doing this. There'll come a time Ken won't be able to do it and I won't be able to paint it. But I haven't seen any vinyl pickets I like! He may end up making his own out of vinyl boards. I love the traditional pickets.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post for Mother's Day, Cathy. Happy fifth anniversary of Morning Musings! Your garden looked beautiful then and I'm sure it does even more now. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha Ellen. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. ❤️

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.