Good morning! Welcome to "Morning Musings".

Musings: to meditate, think, contemplate, deliberate, ponder, reflect, ruminate, reverie, daydream, introspection, dream, preoccupation, brood, cogitate.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Visitor in the Night


The night of the full moon I was graced with the sighting of a Cecropia Moth.  Since they only come out at night and because I am not usually outside at that time, I have never seen one before.  I had my camera with me when I stepped outside with the intent on capturing the full moon, but it had not risen above the trees.  Instead I was able to capture Poetry's intent interest in this elusive moth which has a lifespan of only two weeks.  Besides being the largest moth in North America it is quite beautiful....
Within moments, though, Gabriel, who was outside with me, saw it, too....
....and it fluttered upward over the roof into the night.  

I never did get a photo of the Supermoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please note: To prevent spam comments are published after moderation.